Traditions and Ceremonies
The Ceremony for the Dead
- Very Important Balinese Ceremony.
- Is beleived to send the dead from death to the next life.
- When there is a death, the village kul kul will sound, which hangs near the temple, to annouce it.
Balinese Kul Kul
- No one cries because the Balinese beleive the dead return shortly after the ceremony.
- The deceased is placed in a coffin and is put in small temple made out of paper and light wood.
- The small temple is then burned with fire taken from a holy source.
- Thus, the body is prepared for it's returning to the living.
The links in the area will let you leave the Fayetteville-Manlius School District site.
The linked sites are not under control of the District and the District is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or
any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The District is providing these links to you only as
a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement nor responsibility by the District of the content of the site.