Traditions and Ceremonies
The Ceremony for the Dead
- Very Important Balinese Ceremony.
- Is beleived to send the dead from death to the next life.
- When there is a death, the village kul kul will sound, which hangs near the temple, to annouce it.
Balinese Kul Kul
- No one cries because the Balinese beleive the dead return shortly after the ceremony.
- The deceased is placed in a coffin and is put in small temple made out of paper and light wood.
- The small temple is then burned with fire taken from a holy source.
- Thus, the body is prepared for it's returning to the living.