Updated Sept. 21, 2020
F-M follows New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) guidelines for allowing a student or staff member to return to school after exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
The district recently revised this portion of the reopening plan to clarify what students and staff members must do to prepare for a safe return to campus.
The return to school after illness protocol includes all of the following:
- Documentation from a healthcare provider following evaluation, and
- Negative COVID-19 diagnostic test result
Once the two items listed above are secured, then the parent/guardian (for the student) or the staff member will determine when they are feeling well enough to return to school.
If a student is COVID-19 positive, the return to school protocol includes all of the above as well as release from isolation.
Staff members should refer to DOH’s Interim Guidance for Public and Private Employees Returning to Work Following COVID-19 Infection or Exposure.
It is recommended that you contact your primary care physician for further instruction and evaluation.
COVID-19 Testing Locations
- NBT Bank Stadium, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday through Friday
The average turnaround time is 24-36 hours and results will be available through an online portal. Anyone under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by an adult who is able to provide parental consent. All tests require registration by calling Upstate at 315-464-2582 option #4.
- Wellnow – 6870 E. Genesee St., Fayetteville, NY, 13066 (no appointment needed)
- Syracuse Community Health Center – 819 South Salina St., Syracuse (no appointment needed)
- SUNY Upstate Medical Center – 800 E. Water Street, Syracuse (appointment required; call 315-464-2778 ext. 0)