Fayetteville-Manlius High School Executive Principal Raymond W. Kilmer sent the following graduation guidelines to Class of 2020 members and their families on July 13.
Graduation Date: Saturday, July 25, 2020 (Rain Date: July 26)
Below are the guidelines for graduates and their guests for the Fayetteville-Manlius High School graduation ceremony. Please review carefully and if you have questions contact the high school at 315-692-1910.
At the designated time outlined below, graduates and their family members (up to four  immediate family members) should be parked in the stadium parking lot. Graduates and their families should remain in their vehicles until directed by a FMHS staff member to exit.
Once directed, the graduate (dressed in graduation cap and gown [tassel on the right]) and their family members should report to the check-in table set up next to the stadium ticket booth.
Both the graduate and family members participating in this ceremony must wear a mask while on campus. Upon reporting to the check-in table, the graduate will receive additional directions from a staff member regarding the process for having their name read and receiving their diploma. Graduates will be provided with a card with their name on it to be given to the staff member reading names.
When directed, the graduate and their family will walk down into the stadium to walk the graduation stage. We ask that the graduate and their family remain in the social distancing areas outlined on the ground as they wait for their group to make it to the stage area. Additionally, please keep masks on at all times.
Each graduate will walk the stage as their name is called (Tassel on the RIGHT.) Dr. Kilmer will hand each graduate their diploma cover as they come to the stage. Once the graduate has received their diploma cover, they may remove their mask and walk across the stage. The graduate will stop half-way across the stage for a photo. Just prior to a graduate’s name being read, family members will be directed to a designated area in front of the stage so they may photograph their graduate as they cross the stage and receive their diploma cover.
Upon leaving the stage, each graduate will proceed to an area set up for a professional photograph taken by Genesee Photo. These photographs will be available for purchase from Genesee Photo in the days following our graduation ceremony. Once the photo is taken of the graduate, they will need to put their mask back on.
Before leaving, each graduate will move to an area where they will receive a packet with their diploma. Do not fold or bend this packet and please wait until you are in your car or at home to open it.
The graduate and their family members will need to return to their vehicle and will be directed off campus in order to keep the ceremony moving along for the next graduates. We ask that families not gather or take additional pictures on the Fayetteville-Manlius High School campus during this ceremony.
Our staff will be video taping and livestreaming the ceremony. Friends and family who cannot attend may view the diploma ceremony live from a link we will be sharing with families prior to the ceremony. In addition, we will create a DVD which will include the speech portion of the ceremony and all participating graduates as they walk across the stage. These DVDs will be made available for all interested graduates.
- Only the graduate and the family members (up to 4) with them will be permitted on campus. The campus will be closed to all other visitors during this time. The stadium will be gated off to ensure compliance with all safety guidelines as outlined by the NYS Department of Health.
- Any individual who (1) displays symptoms consistent with COVID-19, (2) has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or (3) within the last 14 days was in close or proximate contact of an individual who had symptoms of COVID-19 or tested positive for COVID-19, is not permitted to attend the ceremony. In addition, anyone who has traveled to a state listed on New York State’s travel advisory within the past 14 days is not permitted to attend the ceremony.
- There will be limited access to bathrooms at this event.
- Please dress appropriately. Remember, you will be going up and down stairs.
- The tassel is to be worn towards the RIGHT side prior to graduating.
- A photographer will take three (3) photos of you, one on stage (tassel on the right) and two after you have crossed the stage.
- About 1-2 weeks following the graduation ceremony, you will receive a link to view the photographs Genesee Photo took of you on graduation day. You may order if you like. There is no obligation.
- Many graduates enjoy decorating their caps for graduation. If you choose to do so, we ask you to keep all decorations appropriate to the occasion. Any cap that is deemed inappropriate, refers to drugs, alcohol, uses vulgar or discriminatory language, or is deemed offensive, will not be allowed.
Last name begins with / arrival time:
A – Bra: 9 a.m.
Bre – Ci: 9:30 a.m.
Co – D: 10 a.m.
E – Gag: 10:30 a.m.
Gal – He: 11 a.m.
Ho – Kh: 11:30 a.m.
Ki – Mc: 12:30 p.m.
Me – Pas: 1 p.m.
Pat – Ri: 1:30 p.m.
Ro – So: 2 p.m.
Sp – Ve: 2:30 p.m.
Vi – Z: 3 p.m.