Scheduling information for students in grades 6-8 for the 2021-2022 school year will be sent home in January. Please see the following key dates below:
6th Grade Students Moving to 7th Grade
- January 22 —Deadline for course selections form to be returned to the Counseling Office.
LOTE Selection for Sixth Graders
Sixth-grade students will view videos made by our LOTE teachers on Wednesday, Jan. 13. Parents and guardians are encouraged to view the LOTE videos as well. The videos can be accessed within the Resources folder in the Scheduling Information folder on our Schoology page. These videos will provide information to you as you help your child select a language to begin studying as a seventh grader. Please note that the language selection is a two-year commitment – students will study the language selected for both seventh and eighth grade.
Music Selection for Sixth Graders
Sixth-grade students may choose to join Wellwood Chorale as a seventh grader. This class does not conflict with Band or Orchestra so students can continue to participate in an instrumental ensemble as well.
7th Grade Students Moving to 8th Grade
- January 27—Seventh graders will view elective course videos created by our special area teachers and Scheduling Process overview created by Mrs. Cicci.
- January 28 – February 3 – Counselor meets with 7th grade students to complete selection form during science class
- February 5 —Deadline for parents to sign and return scheduling forms and override forms.
* All seventh grade students will receive the 2021-2022 8th grade Course Brochure prior to January 27.
8th Grade Students Moving to 9th Grade
- January 5 —8th Grade Parent Virtual Orientation at 6:30 p.m.
- January 13 —Students will view HS course videos created by HS teachers and a scheduling overview video created by Mrs. Wheeler. All students will receive the High School Course Catalog prior to this date.
- January 19-25 —Counselor meets with students to complete course selection forms.
- January 28 —Student scheduling sheets and override forms are due in the Counseling Office.
Please call your child’s counselor with any questions.