The College Board has implemented changes to the Advanced Placement exam ordering and registration process, deadlines and fees for the 2019-20 school year.
A significant change is that students enrolled in an Advanced Placement (AP) course must order their AP exams from The College Board in the fall rather than the spring. Teachers will provide students with “join codes” to complete this process during their first week of class. Students will use their College Board username and password and join codes to enroll in each of their class sections and then order their exams that will be administered in the spring.
The join code also connects students to their class in The College Board’s new AP Classroom system, which gives students and teachers online access to practice resources and feedback.
Since The College Board does not offer an AP exam fee collection program, students will use the Total Registration online system to register and submit payment for their exams. A link to Total Registration will also be available on Schoology.
Important dates for ordering and paying for exams
- Sept. 3: Total Registration site opens at 12:01 a.m. for registration.
- Oct. 4: Registrations and payments after 11:59 p.m. will incur a $25 late fee per exam.
- Nov. 14: Registrations and payments after 11:59 p.m. will incur a $40 late fee per exam. This is the last day to cancel an exam and receive a full refund.
- Jan. 10: Registration ends at 11:59 p.m.
- Jan. 13: Registrations that have not been paid for by 11:59 p.m. will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
- May 4-15: AP exams are scheduled.
Contact Karen A. Liparulo, email@example.com, if you would like to order an exam not listed or have any questions.
2020 AP Exam Schedule
May 4, 2020
United States Government and Politics
Physics C: Mechanics
Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism
German Language and Culture
English Literature and Composition
Physics 2: Algebra-Based
Spanish Literature and Culture
Japanese Language and Culture
Physics 1: Algebra-Based
United States History
Computer Science A
Art and Design – Last day to submit digital portfolio.
Chinese Language and Culture
Spanish Language and Culture
English Language and Composition
Comparative Government and Politics
World History: Modern
Italian Language and Culture
Computer Science Principles
French Language and Culture