Several important dates are coming up for sophomores and juniors wishing to take the PSAT/NMSQT, a practice test for students considering college that measures critical reading skills, math problem-solving skills and writing skills.
The PSAT/NMSQT will be given at Fayetteville-Manlius High School on Saturday, Oct. 19 from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 11:15 a.m. Juniors can take the PSAT/NMSQT in order to enter the National Merit Scholarship competition and help prepare for the SAT. While most students wait until their junior year to take the PSAT, the test is also open to sophomores who would like to begin preparing for the SATs.
- Register online at TotalRegistration.net/PSAT/331895
- Cost is $18
- Pay by credit card or check made out to “Total Registration”
- Registration is complete when you get to the confirmation page
- Pay attention to the important dates below. No registrations will be taken beyond the late registration period.
Students who have registered for AP exams in the past or who registered for the PSAT/NMSQT in a prior year will use the same email and password to complete this registration. These students, once on the Total Registration website, should go directly to: Have you previously registered? Login here.
Parent College Information Program
In conjunction with the PSAT, F-M’s Director of Counseling Services, Heidi Green, will offer a College Information Program for parents at 8 a.m. in the F-M High School auditorium. She will share an overview of the college search process and provide ample time for questions. No registration is required.
Important dates for the PSAT/NMSQT
- August 21, 2019: Registration begins at 8 a.m.
- September 15, 2019: Registration ends at 11 p.m.
- September 18, 2019: Late registration ends at 11 p.m. ($5.00 late fee)
- October 19, 2019: PSAT/NMSQT Administration at 7:30 a.m.
- October 19, 2019: Parent College Information Program 8 a.m. in F-M High School Auditorium
Contact F-M Counselor Dana Pierce at 315-692-1801 or at email@example.com with questions.