The Fayetteville-Manlius School District’s annual go home early drill will be held Tuesday, Nov. 22.
As part of our Emergency Management Plan, students will be required to leave the building and campus area and will be dismissed at the following times:
- Elementary schools – 3:10 p.m.
- Middle schools – 2:25 p.m.
- High School – 1:57 p.m.
School buses will follow their regular afternoon drop-off routes. Parents and guardians who routinely pick their child up from school should plan to arrive five minutes earlier than their child’s assigned dismissal time.
This procedure for sheltering students and sending them home early may be used in the event of emergencies such as:
- A snow/ice storm that prohibits normal dismissal.
- Any incident resulting in it being unsafe to go outside, therefore prohibiting normal dismissal.
- Emergencies that require building occupants to remain in the building for an extended period of time after school hours.
- Any situation that alters the normal dismissal.
We encourage you to review your family’s “emergency plan” so your children have an understanding of where they need to go and what they need to do in the event of an early dismissal from school. This drill provides you with an opportunity to prepare for such a dismissal.