Families across the country are struggling due to financial hardship caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. If your family is in need of healthy, free meals during the summer months, there are several options across the region.
- Families can contact the F-M Food Pantry, located at 122 East Seneca Street, Manlius. Information about operations and hours is available at its website or by email email@example.com.
- The Food Bank of Central New York has several online resources to help families, including a customizable list of food pantries and soup kitchens and information on programs such as SNAP (formerly known as Food Stamps) and special food distribution events.
- The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service has an interactive online map that highlights sites in the greater Syracuse-area where summer meals are available to ensure that children who rely on free or reduced-price meals at school are able to get the nutrition they need throughout the summer months. Families can use this tool to find directions to nearby sites, as well as hours of operation and contact information.
- Text: “food” or “comida” to 877-877
- Call: 1-866-3-HUNGRY or 211
- Hunger Solutions New York is a nonprofit organization working to alleviate hunger across the state. Its website has a number of resources, including information on summer meals for children and teens.
If your family is in need and unable to access these food resources, contact F-M’s food service director Adam Jarosz at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315-692-1809.