The Fayetteville-Manlius School District is preparing to induct its Class of 2018 into its Athletic Hall of Fame, whose members exemplify the district’s commitment to academics, community and athletic excellence.
Class of 2018 Inductees
- J. Richard Lynch, athlete: basketball, 1952-1956; golf, 1953-1956
- Damien Rhodes, athlete: football, 1999-2002; track & field, 1999-2002
- Diana Spencer, athlete: basketball 1994-1999; track & field (years could not be confirmed)
- Jerome “Jerry” Prigoff, coach: basketball, 1936-1967; golf 1968-1973; retired in 1973, deceased June 2005
- 1970-71 F-M boys basketball team
- J. Bruce Stauffer and T.H. Kinsella Inc., community contributors
Hall of Fame events will begin Oct. 5 with introductions of the class at half time of the 7 p.m. varsity home football game, which will take place on the district’s turf field.
The induction ceremony, which is open to the public, will be 2 p.m. Oct. 6 in the auditorium of Fayetteville-Manlius High School, 8201 E. Seneca Turnpike, Manlius. Enter the building at the F-M High School House 1 entrance.
Both events will be televised live on the NFHS Network.
Hall of Fame Criteria
Hall of Fame inductees must meet one of the following criteria:
Attended Fayetteville-Manlius School District and participated in interscholastic athletics; must have graduated 10 years ago by June of the current year
Coached a Fayetteville-Manlius School District team or teams and has been retired for at least five years as of June of this year
Fayetteville-Manlius varsity athletic team whose accomplishments have raised the bar and left a legacy on high school athletics at Fayetteville-Manlius and Section III Athletics; team accomplishments must have been at least 10 years ago as of June of this year
Made significant contributions to the student-athletes and the interscholastic athletic department of Fayetteville-Manlius School District; contributions must have been at least five years ago as of June of this year
To recommend an individual or group for a future Hall of Fame class, contact the F-M athletics department at 315-692-1919 to obtain a nominating application.