The Onondaga-Cortland-Madison Board of Cooperative Educational Services (B.O.C.E.S.) has a Career and Technical Education (CTE) program at Thompson Road. Most students who take CTE programs will attend F-M for half the school day and the career and technical program for the other half. First year (Level I) courses are taught in the afternoon and second year (Level II) courses in the morning. School bus transportation is provided. Many students continue their education in two- and four-year colleges after completing these programs.
In career and technical education, students: 1) learn on state-of-the-art equipment in a simulated work environment; 2) may receive up to four credits per year if they complete a regular program and an additional course in math or science; 3) may earn their required health credit; and 4) may receive remedial support, if needed.
The location of the campus is: Henry Campus, 6820 Thompson Rd., Syracuse, NY 13221. Phone: 315-433-2635.
Career and Technical Programs
- Auto Collision Technology I & II
- Auto Technology I & II
- Computer Technology I & II
- Construction Technology I & II
- Cosmetology I & II
- Culinary & Pastry Arts I & II
- Early Childhood Education I & II
- Health Occupations I & II
- Laboratory Technology I & II
- Welding Technology I & II
EMBEDDED CTE PROGRAMS
These are two-year programs for highly motivated junior and senior students. Students need to fill out an application and be accepted based on attendance and academics.
*Students receive credits in English 12 and science.
- Automotive Technology: Located off-site at Driver’s Village.
- Heavy Equipment Operation & Repair/Diesel Technology: Located off-site at Tracey Road Equipment.
- Media Marketing Communications: Located off-site at WCNY. Students can receive 21 Onondaga Community College credits.
- Physical Therapy: Located off-site at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Students can receive 13 Onondaga Community College credits.
New Visions programs are interdisciplinary and are oriented toward highly motivated seniors. Each program has a distinct outline which includes immersion experiences in the specific field, is one-year in length and is structured in a college preparatory model. Students who successfully complete a program typically go on to pursue two-year or four-year degrees.
*Credits include English 12; PIG/Economics; and 3 CTE credits.
Currently the following programs are offered:
- Criminal Justice at the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office
- Engineering Professions at Lockheed Martin
- Medical Professions with rotations at SUNY Upstate Medical University, Crouse Hospital and the Syracuse VA Medical Center