The Fayetteville-Manlius School District has been notified by MySchoolBucks that there will be a fee increase to its school meal payment process.
The fee for parents/guardians to add money onto their child’s school meal account will increase as of Dec. 11 from $1.95 to $2.49 per payment. MySchoolBucks allows parents to securely prepay for student meals and a la carte items online using a credit or debit card and to also view student purchases. Parents can opt to set low-balance settings to remind them when it’s time to add more money or set up recurring payments so the system will automatically add money to the account when the balance reaches the threshold set.
The district partners with the vendor to provide convenience for parents and does not manage or benefit from the program’s transaction fees.
Factors for the fee increase cited by MySchoolBucks include:
- An investment in payment security to protect cardholder and student information;
- New features to help school nutrition programs manage their online payments from parents easily, efficiently, and securely;
- A redesign of the MySchoolBucks app to make it easier and faster for parents to manage and fund their students’ accounts on the go;
- Full Spanish language integration; and
- Accessibility enhancements for those with audio or visual impairments.
MySchoolBucks account holders should have received an email Nov. 27 notifying them of the fee increase. For questions about the fee increase, please contact MySchoolBucks by phone 855-832-5226 or email email@example.com.