Students who violate this code may also be referred to remedial action as the facts may warrant, including any of the measures listed below:
- peer support groups; corrective instruction or other relevant learning or service experience;
- supportive intervention;
- behavioral assessment or evaluation;
- behavioral management plans, with benchmarks that are closely monitored; and/or
- student counseling and parent conferences.
Beyond these individual-focused remedial responses, school-wide or environmental remediation may also be utilized. These strategies may include:
- school and community surveys or other strategies for determining the conditions contributing to the relevant behavior;
- adoption of research-based prevention programs;
- modification of schedules;
- adjustment in hallway traffic and other student routes of travel;
- targeted use of monitors;
- staff professional development;
- parent conferences;
- involvement of parent-teacher organizations; and/or
- peer support groups.