The Fayetteville-Manlius School District will welcome a new class to its Athletic Hall of Fame, whose members exemplify the district’s commitment to academics, community and athletic excellence.
The F-M Athletic Hall of Fame Class of 2019 inductees will include:
- Jon (J.D.) Gruenewald, athlete: soccer (5 years) and track (2005)
- Jim Harris, athlete: football (1981-1983); basketball (1982-1984); baseball (1983)
- Alison Mann Stemm, athlete: cross country and/or track (1992-1995)
- Ashley Twichell, athlete: swimming (2002-2004; 2006)
- Walt Munze, coach: boys varsity basketball (1967-1997)
- 1980 and 1981 field hockey teams
- 2009 and 2010 girls cross country teams
- Marty and Debbie Henry (posthumously), community contributors
Hall of Fame events begin Oct. 4 with introductions of the class at half-time of the 7 p.m. varsity home football game, which will take place on the district’s turf field.
The induction ceremony will be held 2 p.m. Oct. 5 in the auditorium of Fayetteville-Manlius High School, 8201 E. Seneca Turnpike, Manlius. Enter the building at the F-M High School House 1 entrance. The event is open to the public.
Hall of Fame Criteria
Hall of Fame inductees must meet one of the following criteria:
Attended Fayetteville-Manlius School District and participated in interscholastic athletics; must have graduated 10 years ago by June of the current year.
Coached a Fayetteville-Manlius School District team or teams and has been retired for at least five years as of June of this year.
Fayetteville-Manlius varsity athletic team whose accomplishments have raised the bar and left a legacy on high school athletics at Fayetteville-Manlius and Section III Athletics; team accomplishments must have been at least 10 years ago as of June of this year.
Made significant contributions to the student-athletes and the interscholastic athletic department of Fayetteville-Manlius School District; contributions must have been at least five years ago as of June of this year.
To recommend an individual or group for a future Hall of Fame class, contact the F-M athletics department at 315-692-1919 to obtain a nominating application.