- Building Use Policies, Procedures and Forms
- Water Testing
100 Pride Lane, Manlius, New York 13104
Phone (315) 692-1254
Fax (315) 692-1259
Russell McCarty, Director of Facilities III
Christopher VanCour, Assistant Director of Facilities III
Scott McLellan, Maintenance Supervisor
Debra Carbone, Secretary
The Fayetteville-Manlius School District buildings are valuable community assets and many civic and community groups use them for meetings and events. For information about using district spaces, contact Federica Panozzo at 315-692-1930 or by email at email@example.com.
All facility use requests are completed using MLSchedules online facility use software. To submit a facility use request, please create a user account with MLSchedules. Be sure to complete all information fields and then click the submit button. If the registration is successful, an e-mail confirmation will be sent.
- Elementary and Middle Schools: Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- F-M High School: Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m., and Saturday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- All buildings are closed on Sundays, no exceptions.
- Field use is permitted everyday during daylight hours with permission.
- All gates on Pride Lane will be open:
- Monday through Friday from 6:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Closed on holidays when staff is not present in the high school.
- Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Closed on holidays when staff is not present in the high school.
Certificates of insurance should be uploaded in ML Schedules or emailed to Facilityuse@fmschools.org.
A Certificate of Insurance shall be filed indicating Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District as an additional insured and contain a provision that coverages afforded under the policies will not be cancelled, not renewed or coverages diminished until at least sixty (60) days prior written notice has been given to the District.
The certificate shall have limits not less than $1,000,000 bodily injury liability and $2,000,000 property damage liability (broad form) for each occurrence and in aggregate. A certificate of insurance is required except for school sponsored events.
Final approval will be given and cost estimate mailed after all required documentation is received (application for use of school facilities and certificate of insurance).
A 50 percent deposit is required to reserve the facilities.
If any equipment is damaged or broken, it is the responsibility of the lessee to have it repaired or replaced at full value.
A final invoice will be sent after each event which may vary from the estimate based on actual hours used.
Notice of cancellation must be provided within 24 hours or the requestor will be responsible for all fees.
School facilities may not be used for personal/financial gain or for fundraisers for individuals.
If a request to use a building is made outside the posted building hours, the applicant must pay for all costs. No building in the district will remain open past 9:30 p.m. for an external facility use event.
|School Building||Auditorium Capacity||Gym
|High School House I||1,430||887|
|High School House II||750||312|
- Building Use (includes 1 room, 1 custodian, utilities): $55 per hour
- Each additional custodian (if needed): $35 per hour
- Classroom/Large Group Instruction room: $18 per hour
- Auditorium supervisor: $35 per hour
- Audio-Visual supervisor: $35 per hour
- Wireless microphones: $10 per microphone/event
- Sound/Lighting requests: Please refer to application for available services.
- Auditorium/Gym use: Air conditioning must be paid for when using the auditoriums/gyms from June 15 to Sept. 15. The fee will be $7 per hour.
Field/Gym Use (fee per each season): $5 per student
User fee: There will be a $5 fee per participant for any non-school activity. User permits fall into one of three season categories: Summer/Fall (August-November), Winter (December-March) and Spring/Summer (April-July).
Field Striping (initial): $100 per field/per hour
Field Striping (weekly): $60 per hour
Facility use fees should be paid within 30 days or will be subject to a two percent late fee. The fee is payable to the Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District. There will be a 10-day grace period. If the fee is not paid by that time, then the permit will be revoked. All other situations should refer to the fee schedule. Failure to pay revokes future privileges.
According to New York state law, school districts are required every five years to complete a round of lead testing of water outlets used for drinking and cooking, unless the state Commissioner of Health requires testing sooner.
Initial testing took place in 2016 when New York state became the first in the nation to require schools to test water for lead. The most recent requirement is for districts to collect water samples between Jan. 1, 2020, and June 30, 2021.
The law requires school districts to sample all water outlets currently or potentially used for drinking or cooking purposes in buildings that may be occupied by students and to submit those samples to a state approved lab for analysis. The state established an action level of 15 micrograms of lead per liter, typically referred to as “parts per billion (ppb).”
If a sample from a water outlet exceeds this level, schools must take steps to prevent the use of the outlet for drinking or cooking purposes until it is remediated and follow-up testing confirms it is no longer above the action level.
The following information summarizes the results of F-M’s water testing and its remediation plans.
- District continues to test water for lead, F-M News, 4-7-21
- F-M tests drinking water for lead following new state standard, F-M News, 9-28-16
- F-M continues to test water for lead, F-M News, 8-29, 2016
- Tests reveal F-M’s water safe to drink, F-M News, 5-5-2016
Individual lab reports are available upon request by calling 315-692-1254.