Nine Fayetteville-Manlius High School students were recently inducted into the Fayetteville-Manlius Delta Epsilon Phi German National Honor Society, New York Beta Alpha Chapter.
Delta Epsilon Phi celebrates student academic achievement in German and promotes the study of the language, literature and culture of German speaking countries.
Inducted into the chapter on Dec. 3 were juniors Jennifer Dong, Tina Huang, Catherine Jia, Joshua Lim, PeiLin Liu, Margaret Lorraine, Maya McKenzie, Avery Ritter and Ella Theoharis.
Membership in the National German Honor Society has the following requirements:
- Studied three or more years of German;
- A minimum average of 90% in German;
- Sign up to take German during senior year;
- Pay nominal dues ($7) to the American Association of Teachers of German;
- During junior and senior years, participate in five or more of the following extra-curricular German activities*:
- German Lip Dub
- Take the National German Exam after school in January (students who score above 90% will receive two credits)
- German Club membership with consistent attendance (eight meetings or more)
- Participate in the fall induction ceremony as a senior
- Help to create a video for German Club’s entry into the Virtual Activities Fair.
- Assist with the after-school elementary German class
- Attend German American Society of CNY’s Student Night
- One-on-one virtual practice Checkpoint B orals with German 3 students
Current German National Honor Society students include seniors Luke Hasenwinkel, Daniel Haungs, Julia Kohlbrenner, Albert Levy, Charles Loh, Katyanna Noble, Sky Rolnick, Lucas Taber, Yihan Wang, and junior Qiong Wu.
*Some activities may not be offered during the 2020-21 school year due to the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing guidelines.