Six Fayetteville-Manlius High School students were recently inducted into the Fayetteville-Manlius Delta Epsilon Phi German National Honor Society, New York Beta Alpha Chapter.
Delta Epsilon Phi celebrates student academic achievement in German and promotes the study of the language, literature and culture of German speaking countries.
Inducted into the F-M chapter on Dec. 3 was senior Lucas Gascon and juniors Clara Leak, Aiden Lee, Erik Koshnicharski, Kaylene Noble and Ruthie Taber.
Membership in the National German Honor Society has the following requirements:
- Membership fee ($7);
- Studied three or more years of German;
- A minimum average of 90 percent in German; and
- Participation during junior and senior years in a minimum of five of the following extra-curricular German-related activities:
- German Lip Dub during junior and/or senior year (prior years do not count)
- Take the National German Exam after school in January (two credits for scoring above 90%)
- Membership in German Club with consistent attendance (at least eight meetings)
- Participate in the fall National German Honor Society induction ceremony as a senior
- Work with partners to make German Club’s entry video into the Virtual Activities Fair
- Help with the after school elementary German class in February and March (to be determined)
- Attendance at the German American Society of CNY’s Student Night in April (to be determined)
- One-on-one practice Checkpoint B orals (two sessions) with German 3 students in April and May (to be determined)